Friday, February 20, 2015

What, Me Worry??


      Oh, that Holy Spirit is something else.  Can you guess what He has directed me to “give up” this Lenten season - and beyond?  WORRY, ANXIETY.  Yeah, I know, this is not a new command.  But, He’s telling me to get serious about it.  NOW!  Easy peasy, right?  Oh, and He says to write about it.  So here I am back on the ol’ blog.  And it's been too long.  I’ve missed writing, working out my faith on paper, or, rather, on the Dell.
 
     I know very well I cannot do this giving up on my own, in my own strength, with only my own resolve. He’s calling me to constant prayer and conversation with Him.  Communion.  Such a sweet place.  So I’m taking the first step, looking forward to the lessons He has for me.  I come in expectation of the constant conversing with my Jesus, day by day, minute by minute (because I am so very weak on my own), casting my cares on Him. 

     I'm entering this season of Lent meditating on these words from Isaiah 30:15 -

     “This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says:
     ‘In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength . . . .’” 


     LEANING . . . LEANING . . . LEANING

No comments:

Post a Comment